Hall of Fame Croquet Club
Members Playing Croquet on Stadium Court
The Hall of Fame Croquet Club is a membership Sporting Club offering championship croquet play on Newport's legendary stadium grass and horseshoe court facilities to members and the public on a seasonal basis May through September. The multi-course setting is on the very same grass as the first US Tennis Nationals held in 1881. Hall of Fame Croquet Club is a member of the United States Croquet Association. The club is dedicated to the development and enjoyment of authentic American six wicket croquet and is the past host of the regional championships. Croquet at the Hall of Fame has proven to be an excellent addition for corporate outings, social events, weddings and competitive recreation or non-competitive recreation.
|Membership||Full Season||Monthly||Hall of Fame Lawn Tennis Club Members|
NOTE: Membership in the Hall of Fame Croquet Club is available to all Hall of Fame Outdoor Tennis Club members for the rate of a seasonal tennis membership and the above "add-on" price. Membership fees do not include USCA dues.
Dave Cahoon Teaching Proper Croquet Technique
- Members may reserve court time FREE of charge up to seven days in advance. However, there may be times during the season when the courts are reserved for corporate or special events and closed to croquet members and play.
- Tennis reservations have precedence over croquet reservations.
- Croquet Members are responsible for setting up their own courts and breaking them down when finished.
- All reservations must be made with the Hall of Fame Lawn Tennis Club Office and preferably the Club Manager.
- All members, member guests and public players must register at the Hall of Fame Lawn Tennis Club Office before play and pay all required fees and charges.
- Non-members are limited to three guest visits per season (See Guest Fees).
- Members must prepare the court for standard six wicket settings (wicket placement holes are determined) prior to play and to break down the court after play (including the return of all equipment), if no other reservations are pending. Members should check with the Tennis Club Manager prior to set-up and breakdown.
- Single party, single court play and special court reservations will incur a charge and are subject to availability and Tennis Club Manager discretion.
- Predominantly white attire is required.
- Member play is restricted to the tennis stadium and horseshoe court.
- Non-members and public players are responsible for aiding the front desk in preparing and breaking down the course for play if applicable.
- Play is divided into 2 hours increment play periods beginning at 10am and ending at 7pm weekdays and weekends.
- Guests must have a member sponsor and be playing with the member during any reservation period.
- Guests not playing with members will be charged non-member course reservation rates.
- It is understood that the courts will be pre-empted for Newport Tennis Week, Hall of Fame Outdoor Tennis Club tournament events, required maintenance, and other International Tennis Hall of Fame and Newport Casino Lawn Tennis Club events as announced.
- Croquet membership does not include USCA dues.
- Member Croquet reservations are limited to 2 hours increments.
- Depending on croquet membership numbers, croquet court set up may be limited and restricted to certain designated days and hours at the discretion of the Director of Tennis.
- Croquet membership in Hall of Fame Croquet Club is available to all tennis members for the rate of a seasonal tennis membership and the above listed "add on" price.
|Court Set-up by Pro Shop Staff||$25.00|
|Member Guests||$25.00 / per person|
|Daily Play Rates||1st Hour: $150 (maximum eight (8) players/course)-includes set-up
Each Additional Hour: $100
3 Hour Rental: $400 per course (maximum 8 players/course)
|Instruction||Private and group lessons are scheduled with the individual teaching professionals. Rates are $90 per hour depending on the type of instruction/event and specific pro.|
Croquet on the Horseshoe Court
Croquet on Grass